Servings : 6
10 pieces of chocolate cookies
¼ cup butter
200 grams dark chocolate
1 + 1/3 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
½ cup sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a food processor add chocolate cookies and grind coarsely.
- Add melted butter and mix well.
- Grease the cake tin with butter.
- Transfer the cookie mixture into the cake tin and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add dark chocolate, heavy cream and melt it by double boiling method.
- Allow it to cool at room temperature
- In a large bowl add chilled heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract and whip until it gets firm consistency.
- Then add this whipped cream to the melted chocolate.
- Mix whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Spread this on cookie base.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Decorate the mousse cake with melted chocolate or chocolate syrup.
Chocolate mousse cake is now ready to serve!!!