Servings : 3 to 4
½ cup Rava/Sooji/Semolina
½ cup Rice flour
1 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
½ tsp Pepper
2 Green chillies, finely chopped
Few curry leaves, finely chopped
2 Tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
½ tsp Ginger, finely chopped
Salt to taste
4 to 4.5 cups of water
1 Onion, big size & finely chopped
Oil to roast
- In a large bowl add rava, rice flour, salt, 1 cup water and mix well without lumps.
- Then add jeera, pepper, giner, curry leaves, green chillies, coriander leaves, 1 cup water and mix well
- Rest this batter for 15 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Check the salt and adjust as per your taste.
- The batter should be in pouring consistency like butter milk.
- In a hot tawa, add 1 tsp oil and spread equally.
- Add few chopped onions on the tawa.
- Mix the batter well and pour on tawa.
- Add 1 tsp oil on dosa.
- Roast evenly till the base turns golden brown and crispy.
Onion Rava Dosa is now ready!!! Serve with chutney and Sambar.
- Make sure batter is mixed well for every dosa.
- Add some more water if the batter is not in pouring consistency to ensure we get crispy dosas.